- M.S., 2003, Aviation Systems, University of Tennessee
- B.S., 1996, Aerospace Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Graduate, 1998, U.S. Naval Test Pilot School, Patuxent River, MD
- (July 2020-present) Head Aeromechanics Division, Air Vehicle Engineering Dept, NAWCAD
In this role, Holmberg leads six branches encompassing Applied and Experimental Aerodynamics, Flight Vehicle Performance, Flight Vehicle Modeling & Simulation, Flight Dynamics, Flight Controls and Stores Separation disciplines, with approximately 160 engineers and 15 contractor support personnel.
- March 2020 - July 2020) Head, Flight Dynamics Branch, Aeromechanics Division, Air Vehicle Engineering Department, NAWCAD
Serving as the Branch Head for Flight Dynamics efforts across all Navy and Marine Corps aircraft programs and NAVAIR/NAWCAD initiatives, Holmberg overseeing 24 engineers. In this role she led competency initiatives, managed staffing requirements to support customers, managed workload across teams and individual employees, recruited interns and permanent employees, provided professional career and technical mentorship, provided competency technical oversight for all Flight Dynamics functions and issues, and reported up through Aeromechanics Division and Air Vehicle Engineering Department leadership.
- (2018-May 2020) F-35 Vehicle Control Integration Group Lead Engineer, Joint Program Office
As the F-35 Vehicle Control Integration Group (VCIG) Lead Engineer, Holmberg led the Flight Dynamics and Flight Controls technical team of 16 engineers at NAVAIR and USAF AFLCMC supporting the F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO). In this role she served as an engineering lead within the Air Vehicle IPT, with full life-cycle management responsibility for the F-35A/B/C Vehicle Controls functionality and systems.
- (2004-2018) - Flight Dynamics Technical Specialist, Naval Air Systems Command
Serving as a team lead for many multi-platform teams over 16 years, with a team including as many as 7 aerospace engineers. Holmberg covered all fixed wing and rotary wing UAV platforms within NAVAIR. She provided full life-cycle Flight Dynamics technical oversight for all acquisition and airworthiness efforts for PEO U&W programs. This involved providing technical recommendations, assessing programmatic and technical risk, and serving as TAE for Permanent and Interim flight clearances.
- (1996-2004) Naval Air Systems Command, Flight Dynamics Branch
From 1999 to 2002, Holmberg served as lead Flight Dynamics engineer and TAE for the F-18 A/B/C/D (PMA-265) and the X-31 VECTOR thrust vectoring research and flight test program. This included being the lead flying qualities engineer on the F/A-18A-D departure resistance flight control upgrades (OFP v10.7) to enhance high angle of attack flight and improve departure resistance for the Navy and Foreign Military F/A-18 customers.
- (1997) F/A-18E/F High AOA flight test team
- 2019 Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award, PEO Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons
- 2018 Collier Trophy – Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System (AGCAS) Development Team
- 2018 Senior Civilian of the 3rd Quarter Award, F-35 Joint Program Office
- 2011 PMA-262 Commitment Award
- 2007 NAVAIR National Commander's Award (RDT&E/S&T) - CVN-78 Airwake Analysis Team
- 2007 PEO(T)/PMA-265 F/A-18 Wingman Award - F/A-18 Flying Qualities Leading Edge Flap Team
- 2006 NAVAIR 4.3 Senior Engineer's Award - F/A-18 Leading Edge Flap Actuation Tiger Team
- 2003 NAWCAD Area Commander's Award - F/A-18A-D Flight Control Computer OFP Version 10.6.1/10.7 Test Team
- 2003 Air Test and Evaluation Squadron 23 Captain Steven A. Hazelrigg Memorial Award - F/A-18A-D Flight Control Computer Operational Flight Program, Version 10.6.1 Developmental Flight Test Team
- 1999 NAWCAD Area Commander's Award - F/A-18 E/F Integrated Test Team
- 1997 Naval Air Systems Command Edward H. Heinemann Award - NAVAIR F/A-18E/F Aero/Performance Team
- Graduate of NAVAIR's Senior Executive Management Development Program
- Virginia Tech Aerospace and Ocean Engineering Department Advisory Board (2000 – present)
- DoD STEM FIRST Robotics Team Sponsor (2017-present)
- NAVAIR Mentoring Program (iMentor and previous)
- USNTPS Alumni Association - Member - Class 114
- Holmberg, Jessica; Leonard, John; Rhinehart, Matthew; "Updating Flying Qualities Specifications for Unmanned Air Vehicles "AIAA AFM Conference, UAV FQ Workshop August 4, 2010.
- Heller, Mike; David, Robert; Holmberg, Jessica; "Falling Leaf Motion Suppression in the F/A-18 Hornet with Revised Flight Control Software", AIAA Aerospace Sciences Conference, Reno, NV; 2004
- Hanley, Robert; Lawson, Kenneth; Wilt, Jessica; "INCREASING THE TACTICAL ENVELOPE OF THE F/A-18E/F THROUGH THE INTEGRATION OF LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE HORNET AND SUPER HORNET AIRSHOW DEVELOPMENTS"; 14 May 2002, NATO RTO SCI Berlin, Germany
- Wilt, J.A.; Tyll, J.S; Schetz, J.A.; Marchman III, J.F; "Aerodynamic Performance of an Electrodynamic Suspension MagLev Vehicle"; Virginia Polytechnic Inst. &State Univ. AIAA 97-0821.