Make an impact
When you make a gift to the Kevin T. Crofton Department of Aerospace and Ocean Engineering, you join thousands of others who provide indispensable resources for students, faculty, and alumni.
Whether you give $5 or $5,000 gifts of any size make a big impact on our students:
- A $20 gift funds one hour of time in AOE machine shop
- $100 pays for student registration to a professional conference
- A $250 gift funds a 27-foot scientific weather balloon
- $500 purchases a solid rocket motor for NASA SLI, OLVT, or Rocketry@VT teams
- $1,000 purchases a transmitter for an autonomous vehicle
The top priorities in the department of aerospace and ocean engineering are:
- Supporting students financially through scholarships and fellowships
- Elevating faculty research and enhancing laboratory spaces
- Recruitment of the brightest and best students from all backgrounds and experiences
- Uplifting our student design teams, as they prepare to represent Virginia Tech on a national stage
If you are affiliated with a company that matches contributions to higher education, your gift to Virginia Tech may be matched, doubled, or -- in some instances -- more than doubled. For more information about how matching gifts can benefit Virginia Tech, see matching gifts.
On behalf of the department, thank you to our many dedicated benefactors who have expressed their support for aerospace and ocean engineering excellence by making a charitable gift.