Applications to the Kevin T. Crofton Department of Aerospace and Ocean Engineering may be submitted online through the Virginia Tech Graduate School application system.
To be considered for funding, students must submit all applications by:
- Fall semester: December 30
- Spring semester: September 1
An applicant should have:
- A bachelor’s degree, typically in engineering, mathematics, or physics from an accredited institution.
- Evidence of genuine promise of success in graduate study, such as a good academic record. (A 3.0 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale is strongly recommended.)
- Full admission to the Virginia Tech Graduate School.
- For international applicants, official results from an English proficiency test such as the TOEFL Examination. (A score of 90 or higher is strongly recommended.)
- Official transcripts should be sent to the Graduate School.
- Statement of interest and curriculum vitae should be attached to the online graduate application.
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. (GRE requirement is waived for applicants with significant work experience.)
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (international applicants only).
- Submit Immigration Information Form (international applicants only).
For more information on admissions requirements and procedures, see the Graduate Study Policies and Procedures Manual