AOE Advisory Board
- Ph.D., 2004, Aerospace Engineering, Virginia Tech
- M.S., 2000, Aerospace Engineering, Virginia Tech
- B.S., 1999, Aerospace Engineering, Virginia Tech
- (2005-Present) Boeing Commercial Airplanes Product Development - At Boeing Dr. Orr is currently the Lead Configuration Design Engineer for 787 product development which is responsible for the conceptual and preliminary design of derivative 787 airplane configurations. In past assignments at Boeing Dr. Orr has served as the Lead Engineer for the 787-3 and as an Engineer in New Airplane Product Development.
- (2004-2005) Air Force Research Laboratory – At AFRL Dr. Orr served as a researcher and the program manager of the Cooperative Operations in Urban Terrain project to develop and experimentally demonstrate the use of cooperative control algorithms on small and micro Uninhabited Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
Graduate of Boeing’s Leadership Development Excellence Program
AIAA Aircraft Design Technical Committee Member
AIAA Senior Member
VT AOE Advisory Board Member
Aircraft conceptual design and analysis
Aircraft configuration development and project management
Requirements definition for new airplane designs