Our laboratory specializes in advanced implementations of the laser Doppler velocimetry technique. In this approach, interference of coherent laser light is used to probe particle-seeded flows, resulting in measurements of very high spatial and temporal resolution.
- Lowe KT, Maisto P*, Byun G, Simpson RL, Verkamp M, Danehy PM, Tiemsin PI and Wohl CJ 2013 “Laser velocimetry with fluorescent dye-doped polystyrene microspheres,” Optics Letters, 38(8), 1197-1199.
- Lowe KT and Simpson RL 2009 “An advanced laser-Doppler velocimeter for full-vector particle position and velocity measurements,” Measurement Science and Technology, 20(4), 045402, 16pp.
- Lowe KT and Simpson RL 2008 “Turbulence structural measurements using a comprehensive laser-Doppler velocimeter in two- and three-dimensional turbulent boundary layers,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 29(3), 820-829.
- Tian Q, Lowe KT and Simpson RL 2007 “A three-velocity-component laser-Doppler velocimeter for measurements inside the linear compressor cascade,” Experiments in Fluids, 43, 487-499.
- Lowe K T, and Simpson, R L 2006 “Measurements of velocity–acceleration statistics in turbulent boundary layers,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 27(4), 558-565.