Front row from left to right:
Dr. Andrew Wickersham, PhD graduate Dec 2014
Tim Wu, PhD candidate since Aug 2013
Suhyeon Park, PhD candidate since Aug 2014
Haoting Wang, PhD candidate since Aug 2014
Frank He, PhD candidate since Aug 2012
Back row from left to right:
Qingchun Lei, PhD candidate since Aug 2013
Wenjiang Xu, PhD candidate since Aug 2014
Jordan Ikeda, MS candidate since Nov 2014
Prof. Lin Ma
- Dr. Andrew J. Wickersham successfully defended his PhD dissertation, entitled "Development of Multi-perspective Diagnostics and Analysis Algorithms with Applications in Subsonic and Supersonic Combustors", in Nov 2014. Currently with General Electric Global Research Center, Niskayuna, USA
- Dr. Xuesong Li successfully defended his PhD dissertation, entitled "Multi-dimensional Flow and Combustion Diagnostics" in April 2014. He is the winner of the 2014 Outstanding Doctoral Student for the College of Engineering of Virginia Tech. Currently Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, MN.
- Mr. MinWook Kang successfully defended his MS thesis, entitled "Investigation of Endoscopic Techniques for Flow and Combustion Measurements" in April 2014.
- Dr. David Ewing, PhD dissertation on "An Investigation of the Application of Phase Change Materials in Practical Thermal Management Systems" defended in Dec 2011. Currently a lecturer in General Engineering at Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina.
- Dr. Yan Zhao, PhD dissertation on "Mixture Fraction Imaging Based on Photodissociation Spectroscopy" defended in May 2011. Currently Principal Research Engineer at Air Products and Chemicals, Inc, Allentown, Pennsylvania.
- Weiwei Cai, PhD dissertation on "Tomographic Imaging of Temperature and Chemical Species Based on Hyperspectral Absorption Spectroscopy" defended in Dec 2010. Currently an EU Marie Curie Fellow in the Department of Chemical Physics, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK