Dec 18, 2014
Our group congratulate the graduation of the following three students in 2014:
• Dr. Xuesong Li successfully defended his PhD dissertation, entitled "Multi-dimensional Flow and Combustion Diagnostics" in April 2014. He is the winner of the 2014 Outstanding Doctoral Student for the College of Engineering of Virginia Tech.
• Mr. MinWook Kang successfully defended his MS thesis, entitled "Investigation of Endoscopic Techniques for Flow and Combustion Measurements" in April 2014.
• Dr. Andrew J. Wickersham successfully defended his PhD dissertation, entitled "Development of Multi-perspective Diagnostics and Analysis Algorithms with Applications in Subsonic and Supersonic Combustors", in Nov 2014.
Past graduates from our group include:
• Dr. David Ewing, PhD dissertation on "An Investigation of the Application of Phase Change Materials in Practical Thermal Management Systems" defended in Dec 2011. Currently a lecturer in General Engineering at Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina.
• Dr. Yan Zhao, PhD dissertation on "Mixture Fraction Imaging Based on Photodissociation Spectroscopy" defended in May 2011. Currently Principal Research Engineer at Air Products and Chemicals, Inc, Allentown, Pennsylvania.
• Weiwei Cai, PhD dissertation on "Tomographic Imaging of Temperature and Chemical Species Based on Hyperspectral Absorption Spectroscopy" defended in Dec 2010. Currently an EU Marie Curie Fellow in the Department of Chemical Physics, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK.