To be eligible for an AOE Scholarship for Study Abroad in Hamburg, you must satisfy the following conditions.
- Enrolled as a Virginia Tech student in the Aerospace and Ocean Engineering Department
- Attained Junior status
- Successfully passed with a C– or better: ESM 2114, or ESM 2104 “Statics” and ESM 2204 “Deformable Bodies”
- Maintained an overall GPA at of at least 2.9.
- Apply and be accepted to Study Abroad Program at Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
Then you will need to complete the following application process.
Applications are due by Oct 30th, 2018.
Applications must be submitted as a an email attachment after attaching a PDF file that includes the following:
- A brief (one page maximum) business letter, introducing yourself, describing the attached materials (b-d), and stating which courses you are taking this Fall semester (this is good practice for the job applications you will be completing in the not-too-distant future). State whether you applied last year or will apply this year for a College of Engineering Scholarship. You may describe your need for financial aid.
- A 1-2 page essay, including your name, describing your interest in the Hamburg program and your interest in an international educational experience
- A copy of your resume, including job experience, overall and in-major GPA, and extracurricular activities
- A copy of your transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable, keeping in mind that the Honor Code applies)
A faculty committee will evaluate applications and inform applicants of the results within one week of acceptance in the Hamburg Study Abroad program.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Madhu Kapania
Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Aerospace and Ocean Engineering