Co-ops and internships
Finding a Co-op/Internship
Many students find co-ops and internships to be a very valuable component of their undergraduate experience. Here are some ways to begin looking for co-op/internship opportunities:
Visit the Virginia Tech Career & Professional Development website.
Make an account on Handshake and begin searching for current employment opportunities.
Virginia Tech’s Cooperative Education & Internship Program (CEIP)
When you are working in a co-op or internship position, you have the option of participating in Virginia Tech’s Cooperative Education and Internship Program.
Participation in the program provides many benefits, including:
Support from Virginia Tech’s Career and Professional Development office throughout your work experience.
Notation of work experience on your VT transcript (0 credit hours).
Allows you to maintain your full-time student status while you’re away working (if you are working full time).
If you’re interested in learning more, attend a CEIP Info Session.
Some companies/organizations that may have co-op/internship opportunities of interest to AOE students:
- Aerospace Corporation
- Air Combat Effectiveness (ACE) Consulting Group, LLC
- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
- Blue Ridge Envisioneering
- CNA Corporation
- Collins Aerospace
- Draper Labs
- General Electric (GE Aviation)
- Heron Systems, Inc.
- Inertial Labs, Inc.
- Joint Warfare Analysis Center
- Lincoln Laboratory at MIT
- Lockheed Martin
- Los Alamos Dynamics Summer School
- Mercury Systems
- National Ground Intelligence Center
- Naval Research Enterprise Internship Program
- Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
- Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
- Newport News Shipbuilding (Huntington Ingalls Industries)
- Northrop Grumman
- Renaissance Strategic Advisors
Southwest Research Institute
- Systems Planning and Analysis (SPA)
- Systems & Technology Research
- Technology Service Corporation
Trident Systems Incorporated
- Virginia Space Grant Consortium
- Zeta Associates