Co-ops and internships
Finding a Co-op/Internship
Many students find co-ops and internships to be a very valuable component of their undergraduate experience. Here are some ways to begin looking for co-op/internship opportunities:
Visit the Virginia Tech Career & Professional Development website for more information on the resources available to you!
Make an account on Handshake and begin searching for current employment opportunities.
Attend career fairs! Many career fairs have employers who are seeking students for co-ops/internships in addition to post-graduate employment.
Virginia Tech’s Cooperative Education & Internship Program (CEIP)
When you are working in a co-op or internship position, you have the option of participating in Virginia Tech’s Cooperative Education and Internship Program.
Participation in the program provides many benefits, including:
Support from Virginia Tech’s Career and Professional Development office throughout your work experience.
Notation of work experience on your VT transcript (0 credit hours).
Allows you to maintain your full-time student status while you’re away working (if you are working full time).
If you’re interested in learning more, attend a CEIP Info Session.
Some companies, organizations & fellowships that may have opportunities of interest to AOE students:
- Aerospace Corporation
- Air Combat Effectiveness (ACE) Consulting Group, LLC
- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
- Blue Ridge Envisioneering
- Brooke Owens Fellowship
- CNA Corporation
- Collins Aerospace
- Draper Labs
- General Electric (GE Aviation)
- Heron Systems, Inc.
- Inertial Labs, Inc.
- Joint Warfare Analysis Center
- Lincoln Laboratory at MIT
- Lockheed Martin
- Los Alamos Dynamics Summer School
- Matthew Isakowitz Fellowship Program
- Mercury Systems
- NASA Pathways Intern Employment Program
- NASA STEM Engagement Internship Program
- National Ground Intelligence Center
- Naval Research Enterprise Internship Program
- Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
- Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
- Newport News Shipbuilding (Huntington Ingalls Industries)
- Northrop Grumman
- Patti Grace Smith Fellowship
- Raytheon Corporation
- Renaissance Strategic Advisors
- Resolve Marine (Florida)
- SAP NS2
- Southwest Research Institute
- Systems Planning and Analysis (SPA)
- Systems & Technology Research
- Technology Service Corporation
- Trident Systems Incorporated
- Virginia Space Grant Consortium
- Zed Factor Fellowship
- Zeta Associates