AOE 3D print lab
Students must send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to submit printing jobs. This email will be used to create a user account and you will receive an invite to join GrabCAD Shop. (Please check your spam folder for the invite request from grabcad shop if you didn't receive the email.)
Beginning Summer 2020, all print requests will need to have an active fund number (and approval from faculty advisor) prior to submitting a job.
Using GrabCad Shop
- When uploading your job be sure to click the checkbox to be notified of updates so you will get an email regarding any communications related to your project.
- We will provide estimates for your approval before beginning a job.
-You must have a valid AOE fund number to use in the "Project Code" field when uploading a job to Grabcad Shop.
- Any job over $100 must get AOE office approval to check funding before work can begin.
- Be sure that the files you submit will fit within the net build size of the machine you intend to use.
-We prefer you upload .sldprt or .stl files when uploading your job.
- Check to be sure you have correct units! Inch or Millimeter are the only acceptable units.
- Check box above comment section to be notified of updates. This is where we will communicate to you about your job.
- Research the materials available on each machine. Research the surface finishes of each material/machine and you should be able to make an informed decision on what machine/material you need to select when uploading a job.
List of Machines (Supervised Use)
Materials Available: Model-ABS-M30, Support-SR-30
Build Size: 406 x 355 x 406 mm (16 x 14 x 16 in.).
Layer Thickness: .330 mm (.013 in.), .254 mm (.010 in.), .178 mm (.007 in.), .127 mm (.005 in.)
Uprint SE plus-FDM
Material: Model ABS-P430, Support-SR-30
Build Size: 203 x 203 x 152 mm (8 x 8 x 6 in)
Layer Thickness: .254 mm (.010 in) or .330 mm (.013 in)
Material: Digital ABS Plus
Build Size: 490 x 390 x 200 mm (19.3 x 15.4 x 7.9 in.)
Layer Thickness: 16 micron (.0006 in.)