Our distance-learning program offers the following degrees online:
- M.S. in aerospace engineering
- M.Eng. in aerospace engineering
- M.S. in ocean engineering
- Certificate in naval engineering
Distance learning classes contain the same course material and are taught by the same faculty as our on-campus classes.
Course loads can be designed to fit the needs of the individual student in order to afford maximum flexibility.
Requirements for a distance learning degree
You will need:
- Access to the internet
- A computer with speakers and a microphone (preferably a headset)
- Software required for this connection, which will be a browser plug-in provided by the department
Thirty credit hours are required for the M.S. degree. The coursework must include the four core courses (12 credits). These will be offered on a two year rotation. (Some may be offered more often.) The suggested load is 1 or 2 courses each semester.
A final comprehensive oral exam will be required of all students upon completion of the degree requirements. Guidelines for the oral exam are described in the AOE Graduate Study Policies and Procedures Manual. Non-thesis option masters of science and master of engineering students may also reference the AOE Non-Thesis Final Examinations guide for more information.
Are you ready to take the next step? Start plotting your course to an online degree: