Our faculty and students are investigating, designing, and manufacturing ways to move boldly—and safely—through spaces both well traveled and unexplored.
- Conducting cutting-edge research and generating novel technologies to traverse the skies and the oceans;
- Designing and developing technologies to harvest clean, renewable energy from the motion of the atmosphere and the ocean;
- Inventing instruments and sensors to probe the mysteries of the ocean, the atmosphere, and space;
- Rising to—and meeting—today’s aerospace and ocean engineering challenges.
Our research is built upon a strong foundation of core competencies, which are the fundamental concepts that ground our program and lead our alumni to distinction.
- Structures and materials
- Dynamics, control, and estimation
- Space engineering
- Fabrication, prototyping, and additive manufacturing
- Computational mechanics