Associate Professor and Assistant Department Head for Graduate Studies
- Ph.D., 1999, Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech
- M.S., 1996, Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech
- B.S., 1994, Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Vehicle Structures
- Mechanical and Structural Vibrations
- Mixed and Hybrid Finite Elements
- Introduction to Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanics of Deformable Bodies
- Thin-Walled Structures
- Aerospace Structures
- Computational Mechanics
- Design Optimization and Sensitivity Analysis
- Material and Structural Systems
- Multi-disciplinary Analysis of Atmospheric Vehicles
- AIAA Journal - Associate Editor
- AIAA - Structural Dynamics Technical Committee
- AIAA - VT Student Branch Advisor
- AIAA - Associate Fellow
- 2016 AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Best Student Paper: Shukla, H., and Patil, M. J, “Control of Limit Cycle Oscillation Amplitudes in Nonlinear Aerelastic Systems using Nonlinear Normal Modes,” In Proceedings of the AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference, San Diego, California, Jan 2016.
- 2014 AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Best Student Paper: Ouellette, J. A., Patil, M. J., and Woolsey, C. A., “Flight Testing of a Subscale Aeroservoelastic Aircraft,” In Proceedings of the AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference, National Harbor, Maryland, January 2014.
- 2010 - present, Associate Professor, Aerospace and Ocean Engineering, Virginia Tech.
- 2003 - 2010, Assistant Professor, Aerospace and Ocean Engineering, Virginia Tech.
- 2001 - 2003, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Widener University.
- 2000 - 2001, Assistant Research Professor, Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science, Duke University.
- 1999 - 2000, Post Doctoral Fellow, Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech.
- (540) 231-8722
Aerospace & Ocean Engineering (MC0203)
Randolph Hall, RM 201, Virginia Tech
460 Old Turner St.
Blacksburg, VA 24061