- PhD, The Role of Gravity Waves in Coupled Middle-Upper Atmosphere Dynamics, Radio and Space Plasma Physics Group, University of Leicester (UK), July 2005
- MPhys First Class Honors, Physics with Space Science and Technology, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester (UK), July 2001.
Dr Scott England is an Associate Professor in the Aerospace and Ocean Engineering Department. His research focuses on the interactions between planetary atmospheres and the space environment. He is the Project Scientist for NASA’s Ionospheric Connection Explorer (ICON), a co-Investigator on NASA’s Global-scale Observations of the Limb and Disk (GOLD) mission of opportunity and a Participating Scientist on NASA’s Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution (MAVEN) mission.
- UC Berkeley, Space Sciences Lab, Associate Research, July 2014 – December 2016.
- UC Berkeley, Space Sciences Lab, Assistant Research, January 2008 – June 2014.
- UC Berkeley, Space Sciences Lab, Postdoctoral Scholar, June 2005 – December 2007.
- University of Leicester, Physics Department, Research Assistant, September 2004 – March 2005.
2016 RHG Exceptional Achievement for Science, For achieving exciting science results and making fundamental discoveries about the Mars environment from the MAVEN spacecraft.
- (540) 231-4828
Aerospace & Ocean Engineering (MC0203)
1901 Innovation Dr. RM 1026
Blacksburg, VA 24061