- Ph.D., 1999, Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech
- M.S., 1996, Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech
- B.S., 1994, Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
Structures and Materials
Dynamics and Control
- 2010 - present, Associate Professor, Aerospace and Ocean Engineering, Virginia Tech.
- 2003 - 2010, Assistant Professor, Aerospace and Ocean Engineering, Virginia Tech.
- 2001 - 2003, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Widener University.
- 2000 - 2001, Assistant Research Professor, Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science, Duke University.
- 1999 - 2000, Post Doctoral Fellow, Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech.
- AIAA - Associate Fellow
- 2010 - Present: VT Faculty Senate
- 2008 - Present: Faculty Advisor for VT-AIAA Student Branch
- 2004 - Present: AOE Graduate Committee
- Unsteady aerodynamics: analytical, panel methods, tuning with CFD
- Membrane Structures: nonlinear response, pre-stress design optimization
- Aeroelastic Analysis: response and stability of membrane wings, aeroelastic tailoring
- Flight Mechanics: 6+ DOF models, periodic trim, stability, flight control
Damaged Aircraft: Load Constraints and Life Estimation
- Damage Modeling: analytical, computational, stochastic damage propagation
- Flight Mechanics: damaged aircraft modeling, loads estimation
- Aeroelasticity: aeroelastic response and stability, aeroservoelasticity
- Coupled Analysis for Life Estimation: structures, fracture mechanics, aerodynamics, dynamics
HALE and Joined-Wing Aircraft
- Nonlinear Aeroelasticity and Flight Mechanics: performance, design
- Flight Control: nonlinear guidance, nonlinear dynamic inversion control
- Gust: frequency and time domain analysis, linear and nonlinear response
- Reduced Order Model: nonlinear, control synthesis, design optimization